Two Community Liaison Groups have been established for the construction phase of the West Gate Tunnel Project. The two groups cover the west and north areas of the project.
The Community Liaison Groups are an avenue for community members to understand what’s happening during construction, share local information and help support the project’s community engagement activities.
The West group covers suburbs generally within Hobsons Bay, Wyndham and Brimbank local government areas. The North group is for Maribyrnong and Melbourne local government areas.
The West and North Community Liaison Groups’ meetings are held on alternate months. The groups’ introductory meeting was held on 12 June 2018. This followed expressions of interest that were invited in March 2018.
Information about the Community Liaison Groups and minutes will be published on this webpage.
Details about the groups’ members will also be available on this webpage, including how you can get in touch with them.
If you have any questions about the Community Liaison Groups, please call 1800 105 105. Enquiries for community representatives can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
West: Hobsons Bay, Wyndham & Brimbank
- Adam Vincenzini – Altona North
- Denise Fry – Atona North
- James Cox – Avondale Heights
- Philip Auciello – Brooklyn
- Michael Kwon Sin Koy – Point Cook
- Kevin Redfern – Seabrook
- Marlon de Leon – Tarneit
Additional representatives from BayWest Bicycle User Group, Bicycle Network Victoria, Friends of Lower Kororoit Creek, Friends of Stony Creek, LeadWest, Maribyrnong Truck Action Group (MTAG), RACV, Victorian Transport Association (VTA), Brimbank City Council, Hobsons Bay City Council and Wyndham City Council.
North: Maribyrnong & Melbourne
- Matt Monger – Docklands
- Tony Le-Nguyen – Footscray
- Nathan Hang – Kensington
- Martin Azzopardi – North Melbourne
- Victor Ng – Seddon
- Sarah Grace – Yarraville
- Con Frescos – Yarraville
Additional representatives from Bicycle Network Victoria, Concerned Locals of Yarraville, North and West Melbourne Association, Kensington Association, Friends of Moonee Ponds Creek, LeadWest, Maribyrnong Truck Action Group (MTAG), RACV, Victorian Transport Association (VTA), City of Melbourne and Maribyrnong City Council.
Send an enquiry to a community representative at email@example.com
|3 – North||2 August 2018||PDF 4.3MB|
|2 – West||18 July 2018||PDF 5.19MB||PDF 314KB|
|1 – Joint introduction||12 June 2018||PDF 3.38MB||PDF 326KB|
Previous Community Liaison Group (planning phase)
The previous Community Liaison Group was formed specifically for the project’s planning phase. It met on 20 occasions from April 2016 to February 2018.
Members provided valuable feedback and input on the project throughout the planning and design phases, including the West Gate Freeway’s noise objectives, open space upgrades and other local matters.
Meeting minutes (planning phase)
- February 2018: PDF (349KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- December 2017: PDF (260KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- November 2017: PDF (262KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- October 2017: PDF (313KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- September 2017: PDF (281KB) / DOCX (1.7MB)
- August 2017: PDF (817KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- July 2017: PDF (812KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- June 2017: PDF (777KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- May 2017: PDF (444KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- April 2017: PDF (265KB) / DOCX (2.4MB)
- March 2017: PDF (421KB) / DOCX (339KB)
- February 2017: PDF (348KB) / DOCX (299KB)
- November 2016 : PDF (329kb) / DOCX (243kb)
- October 2016 : PDF (255kb) / DOCX (310kb)
- September 2016 : PDF (264kb) / DOCX (349kb)
- July 2016 : PDF (225kb) / DOCX (357kb)
- June 2016 : PDF (313kb) / DOCX (347kb)
- May 2016 : PDF (188kb) / DOCX (320kb)
- April 2016 : PDF (263kb) / DOCX (345kb)