The $10 million West Gate Neighbourhood Fund is a grants and partnerships program for communities in the City of Maribyrnong and Hobsons Bay City Council.
The program is designed to support these inner west communities, prioritising those who are most affected by the construction of the West Gate Tunnel Project, ensuring that the benefits of the project to the local community start now.
Applications for the West Gate Neighbourhood Fund open soon. To be notified when they open, email email@example.com
Both the grants and partnerships streams will provide funding towards community projects and initiatives, both big and small.
The grants program will have three categories for funding:
- One-off projects that bring communities together and improve wellbeing
- Temporary installations or new events
- Improvements to community, sporting and recreation facilities and the local environment.
Grants of up to $100,000 will be available for community groups and organisations.
The partnerships stream will jointly fund bigger projects that deliver a lasting benefit for the community.
Partnership projects above $100,000 will be considered, with co-funded initiatives encouraged.
A wide range of activities are eligible including projects that:
- celebrate heritage, history or diversity,
- contribute to safe and liveable environments,
- focus on arts and culture,
- emphasise learning and development, or
- enable greater participation and access of community members.
Applications for the grants scheme will open in late 2019.