The West Gate Tunnel Project is under construction and we need a broad range of skills across construction, engineering, professional services, and trades and labour to get the job done.
There will be a variety of opportunities for labourers, concreters, riggers, scaffolders, carpenters, formworkers, and crane and plant operators to get involved in the project as we build the tunnels and elevated road structures and widen the West Gate Freeway.
We’re also on the lookout for diverse talents in the professional services space, including site and project engineers, construction supervisors and superintendents, designers, and safety, environment, communications, procurement, commercial, and finance and accounts professionals.
Applying for a job
There are a few different ways you can apply for a job on the West Gate Tunnel Project.
CPB John Holland Joint Venture Careers page
The Careers page on the CPB Contractors website lists all current vacancies with CPB Contractors John Holland Joint Venture (CPBJH JV), the builders for the job.
Vacancies may also be posted to popular jobs websites, and new roles will be advertised when they become available as the project progresses.
If you can’t find the role you’re looking for, you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for future jobs by following the below links:
Remember, an EOI is not a formal application for a role. However, as vacancies become available, the recruitment team will review any EOI submissions and may contact suitable applicants.
Once you have submitted an EOI you may also receive job alerts for any new vacancies and project updates.
Check out more information and FAQs about applying for a job with CPBJH JV.
Seek and LinkedIn
We will also be advertising some roles on Seek and LinkedIn, including jobs at the West Gate Tunnel Project, as part of the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority and Transurban. Remember to search ‘West Gate Tunnel Project’ to see what’s available.
Victoria’s Big Build
Visit Victoria’s Big Build to read more about the big projects being built right now in Victoria.
If you’re looking for roles on our project, the Big Build jobs page also has our jobs advertised. Search ‘West Gate Tunnel Project’ to check out what’s on offer.
Here you will see roles advertised from a range of project parties including West Gate Tunnel Project, Major Transport Infrastructure Authority and CPBJH JV as well as other contractors.
If you can’t see any jobs that suit, sign up for Job Alerts to keep your eye on roles as they become available.
Opportunities for learning and development
Opportunities for young people
- Over 500 jobs dedicated to people entering the workforce – apprentices, trainees and graduates.
- Five $5,000 scholarships for motivated and talented students to assist their tertiary education, provided through not-for-profit organisation Western Chances.
- Meeting or exceeding the 10 per cent hours contributed by Victorian registered trainees, apprentices and/or engineering cadets, as set out in our Major Project Skills Guarantee Compliance Plan.
Opportunities for local people
- 400 jobs dedicated to people from the west.
- The project will host forums to inform local businesses about potential procurement opportunities to allow participation (see opportunities for businesses, below).
Opportunities for disadvantaged people
- Targeted recruitment of disadvantaged groups and ongoing workplace support during their employment.
- Working with local TAFE’s and employment agencies to help long-term unemployed access jobs and gain industry ready skills.
- A service provider network, made up of local organisations and government funded agencies that provide specialist employment and training support to Victorians.
Getting new skills
- Short courses will help to upskill our workforce including people engaged by subcontractors.
- Up to 150 jobs set aside for former auto workers.
- Our Workforce Development Plan will set out opportunities for graduates in engineering and other streams.
Opportunities for businesses
Victorian businesses big and small are encouraged to register their interest to benefit from this significant boost to the Victorian economy.
If you are a supplier, register your interest on the Industry Capability Network (ICN) website via the CPBJH JV – West Gate Tunnel Project portal.
Buying Australian goods and services
- 93 percent of goods and services will be purchased from Australia/NZ suppliers, except for the specialist tunnel boring equipment
- 92 percent of steel used milled in Australia/NZ.
- A strategy will be developed and implemented to ensure that goods and services are sourced from social enterprises and Aboriginal businesses.
- Our Local Industry Development Plan will set out all targets in design and construction of tunnels, roadworks, elevated structures and lane use management systems.
Contact us for more information