What are we doing?
The existing power lines on Fogarty Avenue will be relocated or moved underground and new drainage will also be installed. This is part of works to widen the West Gate Freeway.
Latest update: Next staged closure from Thursday 18 April - late August 2019
As part of the next stage of the ongoing works, Fogarty Avenue will be closed to through traffic between Wembley Avenue and The Avenue from 7am Thursday 18 April until late August 2019.
After August 2019, this section of road will re-open under traffic management, while works continue along Fogarty Avenue and The Avenue until later this year.
Access to sporting clubs (hockey and soccer) on Fogarty Avenue will be maintained at all times.
More details on the works:
- Works started in July 2018 and are projected to finish in November 2019. We will update this information closer to completion time
- There will be staged closures of Fogarty Avenue with detours in place. Visit our disruptions page for the latest updates
- Some driveways will temporarily have access blocked. Residents will be notified in advance
- Access to the Footscray Hockey Club and Yarraville Glory Football Club will be maintained at all times
- Bus route 432 will be diverted and selected bus stops will be closed. For more information see Public Transport Victoria’s travel update
- For more details about the works on Fogarty Avenue, read the construction notification (PDF, 732KB) (DOCX, 893KB) and the factsheet (PDF, 1.5MB)
- For all work notifications related to works on Fogarty Avenue, head to the Work Notifications page.