What are we doing?
The existing power lines on Fogarty Avenue will be relocated or moved underground and new drainage will also be installed. Additional works in the area include sewer replacement and installation of noise wall panels This is part of works to widen the West Gate Freeway.
More details on the works:
- Works started on Fogarty Avenue in July 2018 with construction continuing in the area until 2021, including the West Gate Freeway and Newport Rail Bridge to Williamstown Road. We will update this information closer to completion time
- There will be staged closures of Fogarty Avenue with detours in place. Visit our disruptions page for the latest updates
- Some driveways will temporarily have access blocked. Residents will be notified in advance
- Access to the Footscray Hockey Club and Yarraville Glory Football Club will be maintained at all times
- Bus route 432 will be diverted and selected bus stops will be closed. For more information see Public Transport Victoria’s travel update
- For more details about the current works on Fogarty Avenue, read the fact sheet
- For all work notifications related to works on Fogarty Avenue, head to the Work Notifications page.