What are we doing?
The existing power lines on Fogarty Avenue will be relocated or moved underground and new drainage will also be installed. This is part of works to widen the West Gate Freeway.
More details on the works:
- Works started on Fogarty Avenue in July 2018 and are projected to finish in late December 2019. We will update this information closer to completion time
- There will be staged closures of Fogarty Avenue with detours in place. Visit our disruptions page for the latest updates
- Some driveways will temporarily have access blocked. Residents will be notified in advance
- Access to the Footscray Hockey Club and Yarraville Glory Football Club will be maintained at all times
- Bus route 432 will be diverted and selected bus stops will be closed. For more information see Public Transport Victoria’s travel update
- For more details about the works on Fogarty Avenue, read the fact sheet
- For all work notifications related to works on Fogarty Avenue, head to the Work Notifications page.