Freedom of Information requests
Freedom of Information
The Victorian Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) gives you the right to apply for access to documents held by government.
Under the FOI Act, you can also ask the Western Distributor Authority (WDA) to correct or amend inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading information it holds about you.
Making a Freedom of Information request
To lodge an FOI request with WDA, please direct your request to:
- Email: WDA-FOI@wda.vic.gov.au (preferred); or
Freedom of Information Officer
Western Distributor Authority
GPO Box 4509
Melbourne VIC 3001
To lodge a valid FOI request you must provide WDA with:
- a written request specifying which documents you seek access to; and
- an application fee of $28.40 (as of 1 July 2017) or evidence that the application fee would cause you financial hardship (such as a copy of your health care card).
If you are seeking access to documents containing personal affairs information held by WDA about yourself or someone else, please also provide:
- photo ID (if you are seeking access to documents containing information about you); and
- proof of relationship (if you are seeking access to documents containing information about someone else).
You can also make an FOI request online using the Department of Justice Freedom of Information portal. You will need a credit card to complete this application online. Please note that if you apply through the portal your request will not be received by WDA immediately, as the Department of Justice will need to redirect it to WDA.
Please call 1800 105 105 should you have any general FOI enquiries regarding the West Gate Tunnel Project.