The project is supporting Australian businesses, investing in local and regional employment and creating 6000 jobs across six sites in Victoria over five years.
There will be:
- Over 500 jobs for apprentices, trainees and graduates
- 400 jobs dedicated to residents of Melbourne’s west
- 150 jobs for people affected by closures in the manufacturing industry
- 93% of goods and services and 92% of steel milled in Australia and New Zealand
- Training and practical experience for workers and students to boost skills and workforce capability.
Find out more about jobs on the West Gate Tunnel Project.