17 February 2020
West Gate Tunnel Project crews continue to work around the clock in preparation for the future widening the West Gate Freeway from 8 to 12 lanes.
While this work was underway, 24/7 freeway ramp closures have been in place around the West Gate Freeway and M80 interchange.
We’re pleased to let you know that three ramps have now reopened.
Work on the M80 inbound ramp was finished on Sunday 16 February, reopening twelve days ahead of schedule.Works on the Millers Road outbound entry and exit ramps were completed on time and reopened as scheduled on 17 February.
Our crews have worked 118,790 hours to complete this huge work program, including:
- installing new guard rails
- widening the outbound Millers Road ramps
- installing new freeway barriers
- installing 362 meters of new stormwater drainage
- Installing 48 Piles on the Millers Road M3 ramp
- and completely reconstructing the road pavement
Crews are continuing to complete road reconstruction works and are installing a new bridge to connect to the outbound ramp from Geelong Road to the Princes Freeway. The new bridge will enable traffic to keep moving as crews excavate below it and build new lanes.
The following closures are still in place so that crews can complete this work quickly and safely:
- Geelong ramp from Geelong Road to Princes Freeway closed
- Lanes closure on the West Gate Freeway between Grieve Parade and the Princes Freeway
These major summer works on the West Gate Tunnel Project will continue until 28 February 2020, so plan ahead by visiting bigbuild.vic.gov.au.