In order to widen the West Gate Freeway, the existing low voltage power lines need to be relocated and new drainage installed along Fogarty Avenue.
Other works in the area include replacing the sewer, upgrading the Federation Trail and installing new noise walls.
More details on the works:
- Works started on Fogarty Avenue in July 2018 with construction continuing in the area until 2021, including on the West Gate Freeway between Newport Rail Bridge and Williamstown Road.
- There will be staged closures of Fogarty Avenue with detours in place. Visit our disruptions page for the latest updates.
- Access to the Footscray Hockey Club and Yarraville Glory Football Club will be maintained at all times
- There may be times when the bus route 432 will be diverted and selected bus stops closed. For more information see Public Transport Victoria’s travel update
- For details about the current works on Fogarty Avenue, read the works notification.
- For all work notifications related to works on Fogarty Avenue, head to the Work notifications page.